Breathing buildings

"... buildings of the future might become living, breathing things" I really enjoy this concept!  It has been hard for me to conceptulize this acutally, all week I have been thinking about it. Then it occured to me maybe it would be something like living with in trees, Swiss Family Robinson style! I love that idea and it would be more harmounious then cutting the trees down to make homes. We do need to shift the way we build buildings and homes. to have a home that is more living sounds interesting and  lovely. 

Cost of housing and land in the bay area is wild. I have always had a dream to some day own my own home but I don't truly for see it happening for myself here in the bay area. all the mean while as I have shared my concern for housing and what that means my best friend has been telling me how she is leaning to build little domes out of something called AirCrete, which is a strong material that is made of a foaming agent as well as cement. My presentation is about what is AirCrete and what is the difference between conventional house construction and AirCrete.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time is on my side ...

MDMA Therapy

Carbon and my foot print